Sharepoint 2007 SQL 2008 Reporting Services Integration

The past days, i had been in struggle with the integration of the Reporting Services (SQL 2008) in Sharepoint 2007. I have setup a multi tier sharepoint environment with the spoken integration.
The first steps of the installation went as excepted. After the basic setup on two nodes, one for the SQL 2008, one for the MOSS 2007 (both on Windows Server 2008), i had to upgrade the SQL node to a web frontend of the sharepointfarm.
Everything was looking perfect at this time, then i had to install the Reporting Services Add-In on the Sharepoint node. The installation went through and at the and it told me that something bad happened. After hours of retrying and deep research if discovered the following error in the installation logfile (C:\Users\administrator.BGH\AppData\Local\Temp\RS_SP_??.log):
******* User does not have permission to add feature to site collection: http://sharepointserver1:3170

I had to dig very deep and at the end a mix of the following steps helped me trough:
- given rights to all kind of system users, since the setup only ran as user SYSTEM
- debugging the web.config of the central administration virtual host since there were error in the eventlog that some controls couldn't be loaded
- create a site collection (i have tried hours without one, since i had realised that the setup will add the feature in the created site collection when it has approriate rights, i was sure that there was a issue with privilegs)
- disable IE-autologon and log back in the central administration with an enterprise admin account
- install the cumulative update for SQL 2008 (

Now i got the Reporting Services configuration section in my central administration but when i try to connect it to database ("Grant Database Access") it tells "Unable to connect to the Report Server WMI provider."

I have figured out that there was a problem with the service account, he couldn't use keberos against the domain. To solve the last issue you have to set the SPN on a DC and set the Authenticationprovider to NTLM on the Reportserver.
setspn.exe -a http/IIS_computer's_NetBIOS_name DomainName\UserName

setspn.exe -a http/IIS_computer's_FQDN DomainName\UserName

cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/NTAuthenticationProviders "NTLM"

Now you are able to auth on your Reportserver on any URL not only at localhost.

To go more in detail, you need to add the spn for both servers (the sharepoint frontend and the reporting server backend). Then your authentication should work.